Ukraine's embattled President Viktor Yushchenko, has submitted his nomination form for a second term in office. Yushchenko continues to struggle to gain attraction and support. He remains stuck on 3% coming in near the bottom of the list with over 86% of Ukrainians indicating that they will not support his re-election.
There are already three additional members of his own party nominating to replace him, Yuriy Kostenko, Oleh Tyahnybok, Anatoliy Hrytsenko and Arseniy Yatsenyuk. Each nomination weakening his chances of a comeback.
The list to date.
- Inna Bohoslovska
- Anatoliy Hrytsenko, member of Our Ukraine, former Minister of Defense
- Volodymyr Lytvyn, parliamentary speaker
- Oleh Ryabokon 
- Petro Symonenko, Leader of the Communist Party of Ukraine
- Serhiy Tihipko, former CEO of the National Bank of Ukraine
- Arseniy Yatsenyuk, former Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada member of Our Ukraine and Front for Change party
- Viktor Yushchenko, Incumbent President and member of Our Ukraine 
Additional expected participantsThe following candidates have formally proclaimed their intent to run for president in the upcoming election:
- Viktor Yanukovych, Party of Regions candidate and runner-up in the 2004 presidential election 
- Yulia Tymoshenko, Incumbent Prime Minister leader of Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc
- Oleh Tyahnybok, All-Ukrainian Union "Freedom" and Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc, leader and deputy of the Lviv Regional Council 
- Yuriy Kostenko, Ukrainian People's Party deputy of Verkhovna Rada for Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc
- Oleksandr Moroz, Socialist Party of Ukraine, former chairman of the Verkhovna Rada